Question

Production Multiple Clock Entry - enable on mobile or allow easier way to multi-select

• 7 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

One of our clients recently went live on Acumatica and are struggling with easily logging time against multiple production orders at once. They are on 22.212.0046.

The Multiple Clock Entry screen gets them close to what they need, but isn’t efficient for their shop floor team at all. They need to be able to select all production orders that are associated with a single sales order, clock into a work center, and then clock out of that work center.

Ideally this could be done on the mobile app and via scanning, but that’s not supported.

I tried exposing the Multiple Clock Entry screen on mobile but could not get it to be selectable when trying to add to a mobile workspace. (is there a step I’m missing here, or is this screen not supported on mobile?)

With the browser interface, they can use column filters to select only the sales order and only the work centers they need, but they would still have to individually select all the lines to clock into -- there should be a “select all” option at the top of the Selected column.

Has anyone else faced these challenges and have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@rhelton37 - this screen is not yet supported on Mobile. They could use a tablet?

We didn’t support the ability to “Select All” because we felt this was a dangerous activity - if the user selects all by accident there is not easy way to “undo” this. 

It could possibly be customized for this customer? Also - it wouldn’t hurt to add an idea to see if this is something that more customers would prefer? 

Debbie

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Debbie Baldwin thanks for the reply and for confirming what I suspected. We may have to look at customization for this customer. I thought of a tablet also, but the user would still need to individually select multiple lines every time they need to clock in/out of an operation and over time that may be cumbersome.

The ideal scenario would be to allow *scanning* to clock in/out of production orders. This applies for both multiple production orders and single production orders. I’ve never understood why clock in/out doesn’t support scanning. We have about 3 clients who would use that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@rhelton37 - yes I agree with your statement about supporting scanning on clock in/clock out. We had a few technical limitations with the way that the screen is designed but it IS on our future roadmap to look at. An idea created with multiple votes might help to prioritize this higher. 

Debbie

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Debbie Baldwin . I’ve added my idea for scannable clock in/out here. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved