Question

Product Configurator pricing on the self-service portal not always correct

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have discovered a bug with the product configurator on the portal where if the rollup method is parent there is no pricing generated in the shopping cart during configuration.  We have tested this in 23R2 and 24R1 and this is occurring in both versions.  We have a client that needs to be able to use standard price lists for items on the portal that require configuration.

I can create a support case for this, but I thought I might get some good responses here first.

Steps to reproduce with demo data in 24R1

1. Enable the product configurator feature under manufacturing
  2. Note: Item AMSHOWERTR is a stock item with a $230 default price in the stock items screen. 
  3. Note: AMSHOWERTR is setup in the configuration maintenance with the price rollup as parent.  This means the price at time of sale should only include the parent price.  (Image 1)
  4. Add the item to the Other Sales Category on the stock items screen (IN202500) so it shows up on the portal. (Image 2)
  5. Create a base sales price (AR202000) for AMSHOWERTR of $300 in the sales prices screen. (Image 3)
  6. A test sales order can be created in normal Acumatica and once the item is configured the $300 price is shown in the configuration and the sales order line.  (Image 4)
  7. Create a portal login in normal Acumatica.  I used the AACUSTOMER to create the contact and portal user.
  8. Login to the portal and on the catalog screen the proper price of $300 is shown (Image 5)
  9. Add the item to the cart, open the cart, and configure the item.  The price does not update to $300 as it did in the normal Acumatica sales order screen. (Image 6)

Image 1

Item configuration maintenance with price rollup

Image 2

Add item sales category

Image 3

$300 Base Sales Price

Image 4

Standard Sales Order with $300 price

Image 5

Portal Catalog with proper $300 price

Image 6

Empty price after Finishing configuration in the portal cart

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@KurtBauer please log a support case. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved