Solved

Product Configurator - How do you reference an attribute's value and a second attribute in attribute rules?

The goal is to leverage the width given earlier in configuration and a bottom spreader type selection to include a target option. So WIDTH = 36, BST = ‘ST’; Thus target option is BST36. 

My initial thought was to create a rule under the BST attribute like so:

Include, Custom Condition,  Value 1: =([width]=36 And [bst] = ‘ST’, True, False), etc

But I’ll get an error when trying to run a test config when referencing the attribute I am creating a rule inside. I think it doesn’t like referencing itself ([bst] being the attribute in this case)

To make things even more odd, I was able to do this on the attribute above this one, but this one is the last one and for some reason it just keeps throwing this error. Thoughts? 

Edit: Upon further investigation, I found that the test configurator doesn’t like having custom conditions that reference attributes that have not yet been defined. So I can use the formula above in the condition but only if there is a default value for that attribute already setup. Anyone know how to get around that or know of another way to accomplish the same thing? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 16 June 2022, 19:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@wjohnson You have to have a value for the attribute and always make sure to use CDec or Cint to convert data to numeric.  If you don’t want to default a value then your formula has to test for ‘’ and set a value or put a mask on the attribute like ##0.

@Debbie Baldwin would you be able to show me an example of what you mean by using the CDec or Cint to convert data to numeric under the attribute rules? I am fairly new to the product and haven’t see that done in the training just yet. Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@wjohnson - you could do it this way: 

or to convert the data to numeric Under field formula you have many options which show possible usages and can validate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The attribute variables are case sensitive.  Because the configurator evaluates ALL rules every time you change a value you do have to have a default value for all attribute variables you use in calculations or in rules.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved