Question

MRP - Warehouse based Replenishment

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Implementing MRP for a Manufacturing Customer.

The customer has 2 Branches.

Branch 1 takes the customer order and raises the PO to the 2nd Branch (Inter Branch Trading)

Branch 2 manufactures the product and sell it to Branch 1.

I have configured the MRP settings.

When I run the MRP, it suggests buying the Item from Branch 2 (as expected)

When i run the MRP again, the system suggests the same item to be bought rather than manufactured.

Item Replenishment Setting.

i want MRP to suggest a Production order not a Purchase.

any pointer?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

When a PO is suggested to be bought from Branch 2, did you run Generate Interbranch sales order process to create SO demand in Branch 2? You should have a SO demand in Branch 2 for MRP to recognize it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Please provide a screen shot of the Replenishment tab of the Stock Item and also the Replenishment Tab of the Item Warehouse Detail for the related item/warehouse combinations.

I believe you need to configure each item warehouse to have separate replenishment methods on the Item Warehouse Details form.

When a PO is suggested to be bought from Branch 2, did you run Generate Interbranch sales order process to create SO demand in Branch 2? You should have a SO demand in Branch 2 for MRP to recognize it.

Yes, ran and system created Interbrach Sales Order. so demand is there.

Please provide a screen shot of the Replenishment tab of the Stock Item and also the Replenishment Tab of the Item Warehouse Detail for the related item/warehouse combinations.

I believe you need to configure each item warehouse to have separate replenishment methods on the Item Warehouse Details form.

if you are available for Webex/remote session, I could step through the process with you.

Thanks, Habib

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t see anything obvious - I would recommend logging a Case with support so they can do a deep dive into your set up to determine if it is a configuration issue or a software issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @habibwaqas  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved