Solved

MRP not creating PL orders

• 3 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Everyone, 

From what I’ve seen MRP can do it should be able to take a sales order or forecast of a finished good, create a PL type production order when regenerating MRP so that the component demand of that finished good shows up in MRP display. 

I can not seem to get the system to do this. I’ve only been able to get MRP display to show component demand after creating production orders manually through MRP Display for the finished goods, then the components show up on the display. 

I have default BOMs set to the finished goods stock item profile and the replenishment source is set to manufacture.

This is from the MRP Acumatica sheet. This makes me think the regen process should create the planning orders for your demand which would then show component level demand so that you can purchase for production orders that will happen far in the future. Then every time you regen MRP it should wipe out all PL order types and recreate new ones according to the current demand/supply. Does this sound right?

I must be missing something here, any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 4 February 2023, 17:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Lhouldsworth - do you have the MRP flag set on the Finished Good stock item? What does your item warehouse record look like (MFG Tab) ?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Debbie Baldwin You pointed me in the right direction thank you. For the sake of others in the future, here is the setting that was blocking MRP from creating the PL type orders to show component level demand.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved