Manufacturing Module Must Haves

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I do not plan to attend Summit this year, but wanted to generate some discussion around what I feel are critical “must-haves” for manufacturers (perhaps that could be asked in the “Ask Us Anything Manufacturing” session at Summit), especially those with configurable products, deep BOMs and complex manufacturing processes:

1. Engineering Change module to include the ability to tie together changes in multiple BOMs under one ECO.
  2. Production module to include a formal, documented Production Change Order process.  Our production process is very involved and spans 3-4 weeks.  We often have change orders where we need to swap out several parts and change operations, and we would like to have a formal, documented process showing original specs, changes, and final specs.
  3. Would be interested to know Acumatica’s native configurator roadmap - are significant renovations in the future?  We’ve heard from multiple sources that Acumatica’s native configurator is a weaker product.  If no significant renovations planned, would like more 3rd Party Configurator integrations (pass BOM and pricing data to 3rd party configurator, then production order data gets passed back into Acumatica when quote is converted to SO).

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@danielklumpp - thanks for your feedback. Our team would love to get feedback on your use cases for #1 and #2. It might be useful also to create an “Idea” for those to see how many others are interested. 

#3 - we will continue to drive usability features into Acumatica’s configurator. We are also looking at a 3rd party Configurator (more information to come closer to release) and have already begun to write the specification. We could talk off line if interested. We would also need to have your partner on the call. 

Let me know if you would like to meet? Just email me debbie.baldwin@acumatica.com. 

Thanks!

Debbie

@angierowley75 @PragatiMalviya64 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You may want to evaluate Arena PLM if you have advance Product Lifecycle Management needs.  Acumatica owns and supports a native connector with Arena to eliminate duplicate data entry between systems.

https://www.acumatica.com/acumatica-marketplace/arena-solutions-product-lifecycle-management/

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Debbie, I sent an email Monday, Dec 5 at 10:44am CST.  Thought I’d follow up in case it sent to your spam.  Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
  1. I would like to see the Mass Change incorporated into the ECO process to provide the ability to change the quantity per. UOM, Material Type, Phantom Routing etc.  on multiple bills of material. I can’t remember all of times I’ve had to fix the materials in bills by creating a GI and import scenarios.
  2. Summarized BOM with the ability to input a qty to see if you can build it.(requested by multiple customers)
  3. Roll up costing vs. the current fold in costing (customer want to be able to post material, labor, overhead, etc. separately to COGS..
  4. Process to calculate pending cost for purchased items similar to vendor prices.
  5. Ability to apply overhead to purchased items (requested by multiple customers)
  6. :Add pending cost to work centers, overhead rates, etc. to use in Cost Roll
  7. Incorporate the GIT hub lot/serial attributes into the product
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dgodsill97 we have a call with MTM today to record their use cases, perhaps we need to spend some time with you to document some of these. 

Send me an email with some dates/times and let’s get something on the calendar. I’m pretty sure we have most of these on our long term list - but we could use some of the details. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved