Solved

How woud you know how much you are below required qty on productions where you have 1 Manufacturing warehouse with multiple locations?

• 6 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All, 

My client is running production in 1 warehouse but materials are stored in multiple locations. they don’t use backflushing and material will be issued using the material wizard. However, the material lines on the Production could be stored in any location in that warehouse. when we run the Wizard if we don’t have enough on hand on that location the line is not brought over to the material screen. so my suggestions were 1:we have to make sure either to transfer the material beforehand (they don’t like this idea as this is adding extra step compared to what they do now) or 2: change the location on the production order detail looking trough the magnifier (they don’t like this either as it is manual) . They use WMS and they say when they create a production ticket that system aslo gives them a picking list for material issue. 

if I don’t chage the Location and leave it to be the main here is what happens: 

the Lines which we don’t have enough on hand will not come over and we cannot even change the Location on the Wizard 

can someone please suggest to me what I could suggest to this client to streamline this process a bit better? 

also what should I be running to know how much material I am below required qty on all the Productions which are happening and looking at that default warehouse?  

Thank you for you help in advance 

Ghazal 

icon

Best answer by dgodsill97 6 September 2023, 16:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

When you specify a location in the material line, you are restricting it to only look in that location.  If the location is empty, then the Material Wizard will search first in the Item Warehouse default issue from location and then search locations where production is allowed in pick priority sequence.  the help articles below have the details.

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=fc2d6b79-ca92-4808-8e7b-dae4b326b9e9

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=3f87d102-4852-4596-af4d-0a06c0323c56

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Remove the location from the materials lines.

See the help

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=3f87d102-4852-4596-af4d-0a06c0323c56

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=fc2d6b79-ca92-4808-8e7b-dae4b326b9e9

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks removing locations from the Production order detail lines was creating split lines if there was no enough qty in a specific location. I appreciate your help. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dgodsill97 one question Please, how do I make sure my production detail line of materials are not filling with any locations ? how can I avoid deleting all the time? at this stage I have removed the Locations from all these stages outlined on the help but still comming up with “ Main” 

• The location specified in the Default Issue From box of the General tab on the Item Warehouse Details (IN204500) form for the material and the warehouse specified in the Warehouse column 

• The location specified for the material in the Default Issue From box of the General tab on the Stock Items (IN202500) form
  • The location specified in the Shipping Location box of the Locations tab on the Warehouses (IN204000) form for the warehouse specified in the Warehouse column
  • The location with the highest pick priority on the Locations tab on the Warehouses form for the warehouse specified in the Warehouse column
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You have to remove the location from the Bills of material.  I would remove the warehouse also since you only have one warehouse.  When a production order is created it will copy the warehouse from the order header to the material lines to make it easier to print or create inquiries.  An import scenario can be used to remove the location and warehouse from the bills of material Material lines.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved