Solved

How to use 1 BOM for multiple Inventory items

• 11 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I need to use 1 generic BOM for probably thousands of Items. these Inventory Items for their production will have slight variations but it would be easier to be managed in Production mainetnance detail. assigning an inventry Item to the BOM as a mandatory field makes it restricted to only that BOM. is there any way around this? 

I don’t want to use the Configuration because the options are also too many. 

what would be your suggestion. 

Thanks For your help in advance. 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 11 January 2023, 14:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

One purpose of the product configurator is to eliminate the need to have multiple stock items and bills for variants of a base products.  There are customers using the configurator for products with many options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I was able to create a new Production Order for an Item with no BOM - then on the “References” tab of Production Order Maintenance, I selected “Production Reference” as my Source - and then chose a production order for a different Item that had Production Detail.  When I saved, the production operations and materials of the source were copied to the Production Order for my original item w/ no BOM. 

So maybe you could create a production order from which each new production order is created?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

By the way, that is how inventory subitems work, a single bill can support multiple subitems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I caution using subitems as a solution as subitems are not a highly adoption feature within Acumatica and may not be considered in the design of all modules/features.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

What is the replacement for subitems for the customers that use them?

Userlevel 3
Badge

By the way, that is how inventory subitems work, a single bill can support multiple subitems.

We use the MYOB version of Acumatica in Australia and as one of the precausions for Payroll we should never enable that feature. still not sure about the relevance but it is in our guide. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was able to create a new Production Order for an Item with no BOM - then on the “References” tab of Production Order Maintenance, I selected “Production Reference” as my Source - and then chose a production order for a different Item that had Production Detail.  When I saved, the production operations and materials of the source were copied to the Production Order for my original item w/ no BOM. 

So maybe you could create a production order from which each new production order is created?  

@angierowley75 thanks alot for this but I have tested it and unfortunately it doesn’t bring the Stock items used in my source Production. below is my screenshots would you know the reason?

my source production 14: 

new order 16 is created source is 14. 

total shows nothing, I even ran update planned cost and still nothing. released teh order and no Stock item pullthrough!

do you know why by any chance? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved