Solved

How to UNCancel a Production Order?

• 14 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Interesting situation - a production order with WIP balance and a user Canceled it by mistake. There doesn’t seem to be any path of correcting this user error. I was wondering if community might have any thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by EMADSSWK66 21 September 2023, 12:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Cancelling a Production Order is like Closing a Production Order - the WIP is relieved and journal entries are made.  Neither can be undone.

You would need to create a new Production Order and recreate the transactions which were generated on the original Production Order.

Userlevel 2

@angierowley75  - I can confirm with some testing that cancel does not produce WIP adjustment. WIP remains hanging behind on the Prod Order with no ability to take a WIP Variance expense, even from a manual WIP Adjustment. And since a Cancelled prod order can’t be Closed, there seems to be no way to remove this WIP balance. 

Tested on build: 23.103.0013.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@EMADSSWK66, please reach out to support with this issue. 

Userlevel 2
  • Solution:
    - For labor and overheads WIP balance, find the GL batches and reverse the GL batches. 
    - For material WIP balance, create an Inventory Adjustment to receive the material back on hand. Ensure correct unit cost is used for this adjustment. 

Product Idea submitted by Acumatica Support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks Emad!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have a customer on Build 23.107.0022 that is experiencing a similar issue where the cancelled transactions are not creating a WIP transaction. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jeremyd45 please see the release notes for 23.109.0023 to see that this issue has been resolved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jeremyd45 please see the release notes for 23.109.0023 to see that this issue has been resolved.

Thank you. I was just looking through these release notes, so that saves me some time!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved