Solved

How to handle standard cost for parts that are purchased and manufactured

• 22 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m looking for thoughts on how to handle the following scenario:

We have components that we manufacture inhouse, but also outsource.  In house, we do standard production orders against a BOM, which generates our standard cost. But, we also outsource these items.  Currently, we outsource these components 95% of the time.  Because we have BOM for these parts, out standard cost generates whenever we Cost Roll our BOM, but I really need our cost to reflect the PO cost of these items, or a avg of the 2, since we are 95% outsourced.  I’d prefer to keep the BOM active for our flexibility.

icon

Best answer by jharrisonhome 25 September 2023, 21:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@claudematherne24 - have you tried setting the item to Purchased? You could still manufacture the item when needed. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Are you referring to Purchased under Planning Settings in the Manufacturing tab of the Stock Item table?  I’ve tried that, but when I Roll Costs for all of my BOMs, it overrides the cost.  The main issue is I have too many BOMs/Components to manually ignore them when rolling costs.

Userlevel 1

Our company has a similar issue.  We have 2 branches, one manufactures and sells to the second. 

As noted, the source (P or M) is not considered on the Master or Site level when performing a Cost Roll/Update Pending sequence.

We modified that process to only update pending when the source is M at the Site level by changing the Update Pending process.  We set the supplying site to M (with a specified BOM) and the purchasing site to P (no BOM).  The manufacturing branch is updated by the update pending,but the purchasing branch is not 

This took a customization to the BOM Cost Roll graph to accomplish this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved