Skip to main content

I want the “Mark for Production” checkbox to be selected automatically for certain components. I thought that this was achieved via this screen on the item, but it doesn’t seem to work as I’m expecting it to. Why doesn’t that field auto check/un-check based on the item settings?

You also need to check the Make to Order Item checkbox.

Thank you for responding! 

I tried that as well - no dice :-(

The order is marked as “Open”.

@jbedwards - does your sales order type have the MTO Order preference selected in the manufacturing settings on Order Types (SO201000)? 

If that is selected, and the Make to Order Item preference is selected for the stock item, then when you add that item to the sales order, the Mark for Production check box should be selected automatically. 

Hope this helps! 

Sincerely, 

Andre St. Amour

@jbedwards - to add to this, existing sales order lines will not have the Mark for Production Order check box updated when changing any of the settings mentioned above. 

@jbedwards “Dflt Mark for” dropdown controls the stock item’s default behaviour of the “Mark for Production” and “Mark for PO” checkboxes in the Materials grid of the Production Order Details (AM209000) form.
As Andre mentioned “Make to Order Item” checkbox on the Stock item form ➕ “MTO” in the Order Types form controls default behaviour of the “Mark for Production” for the stock item in the sales order form. 

Note: Make to Order Item checkbox of the Stock item only gets enabled, when the “Source” field in the Production Order Defaults section has the “Manufacturing” selected.