Solved

How to check Items availability(CTP) for a multilevel BOM

• 30 October 2023
  • 15 replies

I need to advise the sales team regarding the availability of materials in the multilevel BOMs (Capable to Promise (CTP) multi-level BoM), which may include both Manufacturing and purchasing items at various levels. Any ideas on how to create a GI or even generate a report showing the INSiteStatus.QtyAvail using AMMultiLevelBomData?

icon

Best answer by jamesh 8 February 2024, 23:27

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@jeremyd45 - do you have a GI that addresses this request?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Pooya were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hi @Chris Hackett  not yet. I’m still using spreadsheet to do this complex calculation.

Userlevel 4
Badge

What about if you modify the report Multi Level Bom engineering so show stock levels? 

Hi, Multi Level BOM engineering  is a report and I cant access it through the GI because “PX.Objects.AM.AMMultiLevelBomData” is a Report In Memory DAC (Not an actual table). I would apricate it if you can share your idea on how to create Multi Level BOM as a GI.

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI

Why is this marked as solved? I don’t see a solution. 

Maybe in the report, place an icon with a weblink to Inventory Sry, for each item in Materials of the FInished Good BOM.

Thanks

Toon Six

Userlevel 7
Badge

HI @antoons60 questions will be marked with a best answer if the OP doesn't respond within a reasonable amount of time and a response may solve the issue. They can always be unmarked if the OP comes back to say it didn't work. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, Multi Level BOM engineering  is a report and I cant access it through the GI because “PX.Objects.AM.AMMultiLevelBomData” is a Report In Memory DAC (Not an actual table). I would apricate it if you can share your idea on how to create Multi Level BOM as a GI.

+1

I would be REALLY nice if this basic functionality was exposed somewhere/somehow as a GI

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yeh the table only fills with data when you run the report, so a GI is difficult as a Parent BOM can have multiple children that can again have more children boms.  Hence why in the past I modified the report to show it here. 

It would be great if the Visual Bom screen could show Stock on hand / Stock available

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Sorry, I missed that I was tagged here. We have created a few customizations and GI to pull the components and see the available items, but you have to do it at the item level. I am still trying to get a consolidated Critical Materials report that is exactly what I am looking for. 

Ideally there would be a report that would show you the critical materials for everything, and would help provide input into a decision about how to prioritize orders that have already been released.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

This might be able to get you started @Pooya 

This might be able to get you started @Pooya 

Hi @jamesh

Thanks for the GI. I aim to find the availabilities for the multi-level BOMs on one screen instead of running the GI for each level.

I generated this GI for a single level with the stock balance checker. It would be great if you could take a look and develop this for a multi-level calculator.

Sorry, I missed that I was tagged here. We have created a few customizations and GI to pull the components and see the available items, but you have to do it at the item level. I am still trying to get a consolidated Critical Materials report that is exactly what I am looking for. 

Ideally there would be a report that would show you the critical materials for everything, and would help provide input into a decision about how to prioritize orders that have already been released.

Thank you, Jeremy. But critical material report needs a production order. I'm trying to do an estimation of stock balance for a multi-level BOM in the sales quoting process.

Additionally, I recently found out that I can add a row in Forecast and then run MRP. However, it's affecting the MRP report and would only show the shortages, not the full availability for all items.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Yes. My comment was not very clear. You need to essentially look at a BOM and identify any shortages prior to releasing the Production order. There are a few ways to look at the multi levels deep, but in order to combine it to be a useable format you would need to do a sql query 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

This might be able to get you started @Pooya 

Hi @jamesh

Thanks for the GI. I aim to find the availabilities for the multi-level BOMs on one screen instead of running the GI for each level.

I generated this GI for a single level with the stock balance checker. It would be great if you could take a look and develop this for a multi-level calculator.

@Pooya - I think what you’re looking for would be included in this feature request that’s shortlisted…  Hopefully we’ll get it soon! Essentially, it’ll be an inquiry to see if there’s going to be enough available inventory to build something, and how many….  Please go hear and vote it up ;) 

Thanks,

James

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved