Solved

How Does Overhead Updating function on an open order?

• 21 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Acumatica has told us that the only way to update an open Production Order is to manually place the order on hold go to the operation, click the work center and adjust and save the order.

So today I started taking a look at how this works.

First, I adjusted all the operations in dept 400 on our Production Order

This adjustment was changing the OH from 2.9 to 2.05 inside the production order.

Next, I created a labor batch for 1 minute on Operation 0050.

The Cost transaction Backed out the excess overhead from past labor imports in Operation 0050.

I discovered that these labor transactions did not necessarily “true” up all the changed OH operations until we did our final move into inventory on the SFO.

From this, I have a few questions/assumptions I am hoping to get verified.

1. This “truing-up” process will only do this in the current financial year and open financial periods (we have some long-running orders that would cross the year we do not want this to change numbers from the previous year or closed periods).
  2. The “truing-up” process will only happen on all operations that are above the operation the labor was applied to based on line number (not operation number).
    1. An example might be like this
      1. Line 1 Operation 0010  WC 1145
      2. Line 2 Operation 0020  WC 450
      3. Line 5 Operation 0030  WC 445
      4. Line 3 Operation 0050  WC 650
        1. Labor applied to this line (line 3) would only true up lines 3,2,1 and skip line 5

I would really like to get our heads wrapped around this before making more changes to open orders. Has anyone else spent any time on this? 

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 15 May 2023, 19:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@cmoreland - I have reached out to your partner to see if they can help shed some light for you. 

Debbie

Userlevel 3
Badge

@cmoreland - I have reached out to your partner to see if they can help shed some light for you. 

Debbie

Debbie, I already an open support case on this. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved