Solved

How best to return production order materials

• 3 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have a production order and done a material release transaction. In the even I want to return part of the materials before completing the order how best can I do this in Acumatica?

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 3 August 2022, 12:46

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can perform a negative quantity material transaction to reverse a material issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have seen that I cannot match the return directly to the production order actual items issued but rather the listing of products as defined in the stock items master file. Is there a way to link the exact items on the order when making the selection?

From the screenshot below via the Stock Item selection I can see all stock master lines, can Acumatica narrow down this only to items linked to the Production Order number on the Materials issue function.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There is a Data Entry Setting on Production Order Types that will validate if the Item selected is a material on the Production order.

However, there is no current functionality to filter the Item lookup to only those on the production order.  This could be accomplished with a customization.  Might be a good candidate for a future enhancement - if you want to take time to add it as an “Idea” on which others in the Acumatica community can vote.

Userlevel 4
Badge

There is a Data Entry Setting on Production Order Types that will validate if the Item selected is a material on the Production order.

However, there is no current functionality to filter the Item lookup to only those on the production order.  This could be accomplished with a customization.  Might be a good candidate for a future enhancement - if you want to take time to add it as an “Idea” on which others in the Acumatica community can vote.

Thank you , this option will go a long way in resolving the matter and controlling only returns linked to that production order.

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can perform a negative quantity material transaction to reverse a material issue.

Can I ask, what will happen with the cost for stock item?

When I try the cost pulls the incorrect amount with negative qty. Also I found below information. 

Can you please advise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The system will used the cost valuation of the item to calculate the cost upon the return/receipt of the material back into inventory.

As long as you do not have the by-product check-box selected, the system will not treat the negative vale as a by product, but instead will treat it as a return/receipt.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The system will used the cost valuation of the item to calculate the cost upon the return/receipt of the material back into inventory.

As long as you do not have the by-product check-box selected, the system will not treat the negative vale as a by product, but instead will treat it as a return/receipt.

Thanks for your answer, I have two different cost at the moment depending on the qty I enter. If I enter negative, it pulls something, and then if I enter positive qty, then it pulls the correct. 

I don’t want to do the adjustment every time when I reverse the material. Is there any way I can reverse with correct cost?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What is your item cost valuation method?  If I remember correctly, on a negative entry the unit cost will display an average cost in the UI before the transaction is released - and you will see a true cost posted based on valuation method after the batch is released.

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is your item cost valuation method?  If I remember correctly, on a negative entry the unit cost will display an average cost in the UI before the transaction is released - and you will see a true cost posted based on valuation method after the batch is released.

you are right! It looks incorrect ext.cost in the Material screen, I guess it is because of a return transaction in Inventory module (as adding back the cost, should show negative in the material, shows positive in the inventory valuation, bit silly).

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, you can’t have two best answers in one discussion :-)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved