Solved

Historical Inventory Valuation Form

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello All,

I have a manager that is wanting changes to this form.  They would like to see the detail view as the summary.  She wants to see the lot/serial number breakdown for each inventory part number without having to look up each individual one.  I have tried different filtering/sorting but have not been able to get it to pull in that information on the summary breakdown.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Connor Morse 1 November 2023, 19:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @tveld,

When you say “...without having to look up each individual one.”, Is the manager currently seeing lot breakdown when they run it in Detail? Or are you saying they are looking it up on a different screen?

I do not believe the INItemCostHist table used in the report holds Lot-level information. Do they need to be able to pull historical lot value information? or just need to see current Lot-level valuation for all items in one report?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @cmorse26,

For this report, they can choose from summary view or a detailed view.  They would like to see the details in the summary view.  The detail view breaks down the transaction type, Ref No, Transaction date, Lot/serial number, issue and end cost/qty.  The only way to see that level of detail is to choose detail prior to running the report and they have to input an inventory ID in order to see the details.  The summary view provides an overview of each inventory ID, without the details.  

In the detail view, it shows the Tran. Type, etc. and that is what they want to see in the summary view.

Again, this is in report writer. I’m unsure how to make the information show for that line under Tran. Type.  I was able to get that row to show, but not the information.

This is the detail view I am referring to.

Parameters prior to running the report.

Summary view

Thank you,

Trisha

Userlevel 5
Badge

@tveld  - I see now. I was able to get it to run on the Summary format (not showing lot numbers but should work on your end if it already showing lot numbers for Detail). See Steps below. 

Remove the Relationship Filter on the INTranCost Table for Not Equal to Summary 
Remove the Report Format Parameter for @Summary and set to single brackets
Remove the Visible Expression on the Group 3 column headers saying Report Format = ‘D’

Hope this gets you the expected results!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@cmorse26 ,

Thank you!  That worked just how I wanted it to!

Thank you for the help!  I appreciate it!

Trisha

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved