Solved

Does Acumatica use the base UOM, Unit of measure for safety stock, reorder point, min order qty, max order qty?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Does Acumatica use the base UOM, Unit of measure for safety stock, reorder point, min order qty, max order qty and lot size?

In the stock item screen, should any of these take into account he purchasing unit of measure?

Even if set on the VENDOR tab of stock items?

I believe EVERYTHING should be in the base unit of measure, I just want to confirm.

icon

Best answer by jamesh 7 July 2022, 07:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ltussing03  Yes, it seems it would be based on the Base UOM. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Naveen, thank you.  I couldn’t find anything specifying that the reorder points etc are also in the base UOM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ltussing03 

Yes, Acumatica uses the Base UOM for those. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Does Acumatica use the base UOM, Unit of measure for safety stock, reorder point, min order qty, max order qty and lot size?

In the stock item screen, should any of these take into account he purchasing unit of measure?

Even if set on the VENDOR tab of stock items?

I believe EVERYTHING should be in the base unit of measure, I just want to confirm.

Hi @ltussing03,

Yes, safety stock and reorder point will be in the base UOM units listed on the item. Even if you set it on the vendor.

However, you’ll need to consider UOM conversions if the vendors don’t use the same base UOM as you for purchasing and you want to set a different unit for purchasing. Or if you’d like to order by a different UOM for other reasons. You can set the Units of Measure on the CS203100 screen, as well as their conversion factors to make things easier. 

Tip:

As a rule of thumb, you should use the smallest UOM as your base unit.  If your vendors UOM differs from your stock items UOM, you can easily add a conversion factor for purchasing that will take care of the calculations for you. For the vendors, you can also utilize an EOQ specific to that vendor that can give you another layer of precision in ordering. 

I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks everyone!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved