Solved

Dock-To-Stock Entry

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I am looking for a way to add dock-to-stock period into MRP planning (does not need to be part number specific, can be one stock period for all parts) so we get a purchase part in a day or two before our schedule actually shows we need it. Lead time additions will just order the part earlier, not bring it in earlier. 

Anyone else have a solution to this? I feel like it's right there in front of me, but can’t seem to locate the solution. 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 28 January 2024, 15:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If they were different warehouses - perhaps a Transfer Order & lead time?

@angierowley75 I am referring to a purchase part coming in from a vendor, not a transfer of any kind. Maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Purchase to one warehouse.  Then transfer to your stocking warehouse.  The replenishment for the item in the one warehouse is transfer with transfer lead time.  The replenishment for the receiving warehouse is purchase.   So it is a  two-step process which builds in the dock-to-stock time I think you desire.

Thanks, I understand what you are suggesting now. May be an option. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved