Solved

Critical Materials - Manufacture Production Order Dates

• 6 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

When creating a production order from the Critical Materials screen, it creates a linked production order with an end date based on the parent order start date, not the parent order’s operation start date.  We would rather it reference the operation start date, not the order start date.  Is there a setting we need to change that can accomplish what we’re trying to do?

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 13 December 2023, 20:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@danielklumpp 

Check the item allocation date for the critical material needed, if that date does not match the operation start date and use it is associated with then it is possible you are encountering a known issue that appeared on and before 22.205 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We are on 23R1 and the allocation date per Inventory Allocation Details is correct (12/4/23).  But Critical Materials creates a child order for the material with an end date of 11/27/23 (which is not the start date of the operation, which is 12/4/23).  If I create the child order through Create Production Orders, it creates it with a date of 12/4/23, which is correct.  So it’s a difference in behavior between Create Production Orders and Critical Materials when creating orders.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@danielklumpp, I see the difference in behavior where critical materials uses the order start date as the required date for created production orders. I am not aware of any setting that impacts this since critical material is looking at the current on hand quantity. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@andrestamour43, so you are confirming that the intended behavior of Critical Materials is to create child orders that have an end date equal to the parent order start date, not the parent order operation start date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@danielklumpp This is how the system is currently designed - yes.  Seems like you can build a good case to have it changed - or at least introduce a preference to allow dates used to be set as a preference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@danielklumpp This is how the system is currently designed - yes.  Seems like you can build a good case to have it changed - or at least introduce a preference to allow dates used to be set as a preference.

I would agree. If the operation is 10 minutes, that is something, but if the operations take weeks or months, then it makes total sense to have the operation date. Have you done a test to see what date MRP would start the order on? I’m curious if it is different than critical materials or the same?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

MRP bases recommended supply order dates based on demand dates, which are tied to the operation start date of the parent order.  There is an option on a production order and in Preferences to force MRP to use the parent order’s overall start date instead of the operation start date.  I have not tested but am pretty sure this is the way it works.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved