Solved

Changing the warehouse on a BOM

• 26 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

A client has a need to change the warehouse on several BOM’s, does anyone know of or have a solution for this? I can’t seem to find a way to change even if I put the BOM back on Hold. 

icon

Best answer by Lhouldsworth 27 June 2023, 00:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can use the copy BOM action to copy the bom to a new warehouse:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You can use the copy BOM action to copy the bom to a new warehouse:

That’s what my thought was, I was looking for something simpler as they have around 1,000 BOM’s. This seems to be their only way! 

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
  1. create an export scenario - be sure to export all of the data fields; e.g. if notes,steps, reference designators, outsource, etc. are being used.
  2. export the data to excel to so the warehouse can be changed.
  3. delete all the affected bills of material.
  4. Create/modify the import scenario and import the data.

The warehouse is not part of any key so

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

There seems to be issues with the warehouse with the current version (23R1).  The warehouse cannot be changed after the BOM has been created, but there is no way to default if you only have a single warehouse. While it is not required, if you don’t have a warehouse it seems to have issues with MRP and with some of the reporting. 

I don’t really understand why you can’t change a warehouse when the bom is on hold. Customers that have thousands of BOM do not want to create multiple revisions or new copies. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jeremyd45 What issues you have run into with MRP when not associating a BOM with a warehouse, anything specific?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jeremyd45 What issues you have run into with MRP when not associating a BOM with a warehouse, anything specific?

There have been a few cases where MRP has not attached the sub-assemblies because they have a different BOM warehouse, or NO BOM warehouse. I don’t have specific examples (it has been a while since i’ve run the test to see if it is still happening) but last week I ran into an issue trying to update the Warehouse using the update function on the GI as well. Said “Field was disabled” which makes sense. Same thing in an import, but I didn’t really want to delete out 10000 bom to make this change. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Please upvote this idea

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved