Solved

Automatically link production order to sales order when creating production order via MRP Display screen

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Is there a way to have the production order you create via the MRP display screen automatically linked to the sales order creating the demand?

Or is it required that you manually create the linkage?

Thanks,

Larry

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 25 October 2022, 19:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

MRP supports the ability to group like demand into the same production order.

If you need 1-to-1 linking, you need to generate the production order from the sales order.  Or associate the production order back to the sales order after it is created.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Understood.

Thanks for verifying!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @angierowley75 - You say here that “MRP supports the ability to group like demand into the same production order.” - Are you able to elaborate a little more on this? 

I’m new to MRP and struggling a bit where we have a series of Sales Orders for smaller quantities and then a single Planned Production Orders to satisfy that sum of that demand, but it seems that MRP is doubling up that demand on the components and subassemblies.  

I believe it may be doing this because the dates for the Production Orders follow after the Sales Orders (supplying after the demand, which I recognize MRP does not like).

Is there any tricks or other settings that might help in getting MRP to group that demand into the planned production orders? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved