Question

Are Phantom Material settings allowed for Arena synchronized BOMs?

• 11 March 2022
  • 6 replies

We have many Inventory IDs (finished products) being manufactured at several site. So we are use to have several BOM IDs for the same Inventory ID.

We are integrating our PLM (Arena) with Acumatica. In Arena we have the EBOM. Once the EBOM is synchronized into Acumatica, we are planning to customize each BOM ID, by using the Material “Phantom” option. We don’t know if this is the most efficient way of doing it and if this is even possible. It seems a lot of thing in Acumatica are locked and cannot be changed.

Has anyone faced a similar situation?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@richardjorge Are you using the Acumatica/Arena integration?

Hi @Debbie Baldwin , yes. I have successfully synchronized items and BOMs. I’m figuring out what’s the best way to relate a single Arena EBOM with several BOM IDs (and/or is this possible).

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @richardjorge were you able to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The current integration design does not support Phantoms - as Arena PTC does not have a good way of designating which items should be treated as phantoms.

The Arena for Acumatica connector does lock out the material records of an MBOM as the EBOM is the system of record for material.  Allowing the material to be altered could cause the two systems to become out of sync.

In order to help provide a solution, can you provide a specific example?

Do you just need to assign the BOM ID at the Item level instead of the Item/Warehouse level?

Hi @Chris Hackett & @angierowley75 ,

Take this scenario as an example:

The EBOM (in the left) contains all the parts required by Engineering. We manufacture the same finished product but the lines in red are parts provided by external suppliers (note the assembly is just for organizing parts).

The table in the middle, shows that the lines in red are not required, as they are being produce and supplied by provider INJ. The other ones are required to be produced and assembly at our facility. Currently in Acumatica, these lines are omitted and instead there’s a last line called “INJCD201” where we put the cost of the parts & services provided that includes the parts MP2009, MP2010 and MP2384 (highlighted in red) and the bill is flat (no indentation). In that way we complete the assembly in our facility.

The last table (table on the right) produces the same finished good but with only a single part being supplied by another vendor (ALV). In this case, ALVCD201 line in the bottom includes the cost of service and part MP2012. 

We want to start from the same EBOM and instead of deleting line items and creating others in Acumatica, just phantom the parts that are not being required as working orders, as they will come from supplier.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks for your inputs!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If in one warehouse the part is purchased and in another the part is manufactured, shouldn’t you manage this by the Item Warehouse Detail settings?

The EBOM is the same - you just need to build it in one site and purchase it in another.  The cost of the build or purchase when transacted would be accurately captured on your Production Order (no need for a non-stock charge).

If you setup a call with your Acumatica consultant and Arena consultant - I am willing to join (as Acumatica Product Manager of MFG/Arena integration) to discuss options, but I am not seeing an easy solution / answer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved