Solved

Allocation remains after linkage to production order is removed

• 4 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

We have a Sales Order(#1) with a linked production order.  We have QTY in stock and wish to ship against another sales order(#2).  We removed the linkage between the SO(#1) and the production order.  However, when we look at the Inventory Allocation details screen, it still shows the QTY is allocated to this Sales order(#1) with allocation type “SO Allocated”.

We were hoping breaking the linkage to the production order would remove the allocation.

How do we eliminate the allocation so we can ship against the other Sales Order(#2)?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 7 August 2023, 15:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ltussing03 - did you unlink this from the Production order/References tab? If so please log a case with Support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Debbie,

Thanks for the response!

Yes I did the unlink from the production order/references tab.

I believe it should have eliminated the allocation.

However, I found a work around.

In the Sales Order Screen:

Highlight the line and click “Line Details”

Then clear the “Allocated” check box.

An extra step, but it seems to work.

Thanks!

Larry

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Debbie,

Thanks for the response!

Yes I did the unlink from the production order/references tab.

I believe it should have eliminated the allocation.

However, I found a work around.

In the Sales Order Screen:

Highlight the line and click “Line Details”

Then clear the “Allocated” check box.

An extra step, but it seems to work.

Thanks!

Larry

Thanks for sharing this. I had the similar problem and found this exact work around. As you stated, extra step but it works. :)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved