Solved

Add custom report to be recognized in Customization Project - new item for drop-down

• 7 December 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

a newly created report trying to find its way to a screen, under one the tabs.

following the steps on How to add a report under the Reports button on a document form | Community (acumatica.com) but getting this error.

should end up here: as Print Warehouse Receipt

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 8 December 2021, 18:45

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

HI @arjan  In the Destination Screen you have provided the Purchase Receipts screen but the Report Screen ID.

When you click on the new action i.e. (Print Warehouse Receipt) it will be redirected to the Destination screen (Report ID should be entered)

Sample Reference.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Naveen B so i was able to add the item to the drop down. however, PO64600 is not the report we wanted. i have created one from scratch and uploaded to the server(QR100000) and thats where i get the error  it is not a report screen.

Userlevel 1
Badge

i have added this report to REPORT section of workflow. how can i make it work with ACTIONS?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @arjan  Please follow the below steps.

• Deploy your custom report (QR100000) your instance → This step you can even done from the Report Designer using “Save to Server” action.
  • Create a site map for this Report in your instance.
  • Open a customization project, and now you can see the QR100000 report under the Destination screen.
  •  Select this report and do publish. → Before deploy if you wanted to add the site map to the customization project if you can add deploy.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Naveen B .

I have already uploaded/saved the report to the server and in Customization Project under Report, i was able to find and add that.

these are the steps taken. still QR100000 now popping on Destination Screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @arjan  I observed that you have provided Site Map URL is wrong. 

Please find the below screenshot for proper URL for reports.

URL → ~/Frames/ReportLauncher.aspx?ID=QR100000.rpx

Userlevel 1
Badge

Awesome! @Naveen B , it’s showing now in Destination Screen.

last thing is when i trying to print the report, it doesnt load the QR100000 and instead load PO646000. i double checked the steps, do i miss a setting?

Userlevel 1
Badge

state is published.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, now i am getting this error: Validation failed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

does Action Type and Status play a key role here? because it different than other existing reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @arjan  You can provide different package level and do publish.

I think there is no issue related to Action Type and Status.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved