Solved

User Defined Field Schema Selector Issues

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

I have been adding some User Defined Fields to our AP Invoices today. I would like the user to be required to select from a list of Sales invoices for one of them so I used the Schema Selector option. However, nothing shows in the list for the selection.

I have read this previous topic, but I’m not sure I understand if I’m using an Attribute or a UDF as I am setting up both.

I began by creating an Attribute:

Attribute

And then a UDF, however nothing shows in the drop down menu.

Can anyone give me any hints?

Thank you.

Helen​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Laura02 10 February 2024, 04:19

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I think your Attribute is properly set up and correctly attached as a user-defined field.

I suspect the Invoice # lookup list is blank because the ARInvoice table has a Composite Primary Key: we need both Document Type and Reference number, to look up an ARInvoice document.

I wonder if a customization is required, to achieve a successful Lookup in this case. We need some help from more experienced developers/customizers to be certain… an expert will come along soon to confirm or contradict, and add details for you. 🙂

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

Anyone managed to solve this issue?

POOrder selector works eventhough it requires OrderType and OrderNbr, so we are not sure why it doesn’t work for APInvoice or ARInvoice selectors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@hgilbert and @kokjietan , @Laura02  is correct. you are gonna have to use customizations for such UDF.

following were the engineering comments last time such issue as reported:

selector for RefNbr depends on the DocType parameter.
When the parameter is missing, selection will be based on the Default Type as configured in Preferences
they can add such field only via code customization now, it is not possible to add it using UDF

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved