Solved

Run report action does not pass values to the report

• 11 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I added RUN REPORT actions to the shipment screen.  As a test, I am just printing the standard sales order.  When I click my new action on the shipment screen, it pops up the sales order, but it is blank.  The action is not passing the values of the sales order I intend to print.

icon

Best answer by sweta68 12 April 2023, 12:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there,

Are your parameters correct? Looks like you’re sending the shipment type to the order type and the customer order number to the Order Number. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for the reply!

I was typing “type” and didn’t notice it defaulted to the shipment type!

Order type is not available from the selection, so I hardcoded “SO” for type and now I get an error.

Userlevel 3
Badge

What is the error you get?

And are you sure that the customer order number mapping is correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ltussing03 ,

In my opinion, you missed something while mapping the parameters, if a hardcoded Sales Order number is passed in the Value of "OrderNumber" parameter, the report displays the expected output. If the Customer Order number is different from the Sales Order number, it is possible that the report may not match, and the data may not be displayed correctly. Therefore, it may be necessary to pass the Customer Order number as a parameter instead of the Sales Order number. 

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks.

You are correct!

The customer order number is not the same as the sales order number!

Thanks!

What is the error you get?

And are you sure that the customer order number mapping is correct?

Can mapping to find joining DAC fields ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

frederickodendaal77,

Thanks for the reply.

This is resolved and was a silly mistake by me.  Please see my note posted above.

“The customer order number is not the same as the sales order number!”

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @ltussing03 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved