Solved

Do I need to mark an account as a control account for an import scenario to succeed?

• 8 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I attempted to create fixed asset classes using the import scenario functionality. As part of the testing process, I manually created one asset class record using the Acumatica UI. Upon saving the record, a warning related to the control account appeared, which seems to be a standard validation mechanism to ensure accurate accounting practices.

However, when I tried to use the import scenario feature to create multiple asset class records, I encountered an error, and the process failed. It seems that the control account warning, which was initially just a warning in the UI, has now become a hard-stop obstacle in the import scenario.

I'm reaching out to the community to seek guidance and explore potential solutions to this issue. While changing our account structure might be an option, I'd like to know if there are any other workarounds that can allow us to successfully import these asset classes without altering our current setup.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 8 August 2023, 17:18

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello @abhijit ,

The answer is to check ON Control Account field in the Finance → Chart of Accounts screen.

I can’t think of any good reason to have Fixed Assets accounts Not Identified as Control accounts for the Fixed Assets subsidiary ledger, when clearly they are Control accounts for the Fixed Assets subsidiary ledger. We do want to ensure accurate Accounting practices within Acumatica.

HTH,

Laura

Badge

Thank you for your response. I have made the changes and now the scenario isn’t working for a different set of reasons. I have created a separate thread for this.

Asset Class Import throwing error -Error: 1 items have not been processed successfully. View name: AssetClass. | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved