Skip to main content
Solved

Dashboard: PowerBI Tile

• 5 August 2024
  • 3 replies

I am having a little difficulty getting my PowerBI Tiles up and running on the Dashboard.  

I used the following link to set up my application on Microsoft Entre (Saw on another forum).  I followed the instructions and setup a Secret and registered the Redirect URI.  

https://app.powerbi.com/embedsetup

When I go to add the PowerBI tile it lets me put in the Client ID and the Client Secret, when I hit login it pops up a real quick page and then it disappears.  I do not have any additional options in the setup and I don’t receive any errors.  

Any thoughts, I am very new to PowerBI and Acumatica, so I am sure it is something simple I am over looking.  

Thanks

Chris

One additional piece of information:

I found on one forum to try in Incognito mode.  When I did this, it did allow me to login to my O365 account.  Once I was authenticated, it returned me to the Acumatica set up but no further options were supplied.  If I hit finish it just displays a blank widget.  Now if I go back to the sign it, it does the quick pop up which I assume it just signaling that I have already authenticated.

I am assuming that once it is authenticated it should return back the Report Options?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @chrislower were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett 

Unfortunately, I was never able to find a “true” solution for the problem I was having. I did however find an acceptable workaround for me.  What I ended up doing was going directly to the PowerBI report in 0365 and found the embed code from the report.  I was then able to go to the Acumatica SiteMap and manually added an external page that went directly to the PowerBI report from within Acumatica.  It did still ask me to login to O365 with a valid user the first time on the browser but worked great after that.

Thanks

Chris