Skip to main content
Solved

Business event to create the service order from the sales order is not working.

• 13 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello!

I want to create a service order from the sales order. So, I decided to create a business event to trigger it when the order come to the open status and create the service order automatically. 

The business event created. 

Action to execute 

But the service order is not getting created and gives me the below warning on the business event history. 

Is there any information am I missing?

Amanda

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

HI @apallawala21 

What are you using as your subscriber?

I recommend using an import scenario for this.

Then I would recommend setting your business event to work on an automation schedule rather than when the field is changed, I have found this to be quite finnicky and less reliable than an automation schedule.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @apallawala21 ,

I agree with @aiwan ‘s recommendation to use an Import Scenario rather than Action Execution.

Automation schedules also tend to be more robust in execution, though I would read the article below if you haven’t already.  It gives a lot of good tips in making a reliable Business Event.  I find making the GI as simple as possible, and making sure all your Join Values are also in your Results helps a good bit.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @aiwan  @craig2 

I’m trying to create a service order by using an import scenario and the action I’m using us create service order. But this is not working for me. 

Have any of you done this before?

Have I entered the actions all wrong on the import scenario?

Thank you!

Amanda 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @apallawala21 ,

I don’t use that module, so I’m afraid my help is limited.  However, one tip, you have to put Dialog Answers before the Action that creates the Dialog Box.  Doesn’t make sense to me, and it’s not easily learned to do that 😃

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @craig2 

Actually, I have tried that way also, but neither helped me. 

Amanda 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @apallawala21 

I also dont have experience with that module however, see below a screenshot from one of my import scenarios:

If your action requires any parameters, these have to be filled in with the import scenario too.

I recommend doing this training course on import scenarios.

It should give you a good understanding of what needs to be done wihtin the import scenario to ensure it fires and fires as intended.

Make sure to test this in a local/sandbox instance before going live