Question

Automatioen Schedule - Is there a way to make schedules consecutive?

• 16 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Acumatica Community,

I have a question regarding scheduling in Acumatica. Is it possible to arrange multiple schedules in consecutive order?

To provide a clearer example, let's say I have two schedules: schedule 1 and schedule 2. I would like schedule 2 to start automatically once schedule 1 has been completed. Is there any way to accomplish this? Perhaps there is a workaround or a clever technique that can be used?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, not too sure, but seems like you can set the schedule time just after schedule 1 :-). You can set multiple automation schedule per one screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Also, you can set a Business Event, bit it is bit of work I think,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hej @enhee0702 - Thanks for the reply.

We currently work with timing schedule 2 after schedule 1, but sometimes schedule 1 takes significantly longer and leads ot schedule 2 running while schedule 1 isn’t finished and we can’t really move these further apart. Thats why we would like to start schedule 2 once schedule 1 ends.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I see, seems like you can use Business event, but not too sure work or not :-). Even not too sure how exactly set Business event to be honest :-).

How about you spli/divide the Schedule 1 to several schedules and then set schedule 2 put in the last?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jwestermann17 

Please provide the Business example that you are Looking for an automation schedule.

Business event will run both the schedule at the same time I believe.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved