Question

Automatioen Schedule - Is there a way to make schedules consecutive?

• 16 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Acumatica Community,

I have a question regarding scheduling in Acumatica. Is it possible to arrange multiple schedules in consecutive order?

To provide a clearer example, let's say I have two schedules: schedule 1 and schedule 2. I would like schedule 2 to start automatically once schedule 1 has been completed. Is there any way to accomplish this? Perhaps there is a workaround or a clever technique that can be used?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jwestermann17 

Please provide the Business example that you are Looking for an automation schedule.

Business event will run both the schedule at the same time I believe.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

I see, seems like you can use Business event, but not too sure work or not :-). Even not too sure how exactly set Business event to be honest :-).

How about you spli/divide the Schedule 1 to several schedules and then set schedule 2 put in the last?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hej @enhee0702 - Thanks for the reply.

We currently work with timing schedule 2 after schedule 1, but sometimes schedule 1 takes significantly longer and leads ot schedule 2 running while schedule 1 isn’t finished and we can’t really move these further apart. Thats why we would like to start schedule 2 once schedule 1 ends.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Also, you can set a Business Event, bit it is bit of work I think,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, not too sure, but seems like you can set the schedule time just after schedule 1 :-). You can set multiple automation schedule per one screen.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved