Solved

Use Project Transactions to transfer Inventory Stock Directing to a Project

• 27 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

We have inhouse inventory that is transferred to projects on a monthly basis.  Currently through Project Transactions you can enter the Inventory ID, qty, price, etc and the costs will go onto the job however it does not make any adjustment to the inventory stock item itself.  We then have to go into Inventory Preferences, shut off the “Update GL” so that the adjustment does not double up in the GL,  make an adjustment to the physical quantity and cost to reflect the new quantity on hand, then turn the GL back on.  With internal transfers of inventory to projects, we should be able to make one entry that will update the project, the GL and the inventory item all at once.  According to support, we do not have that function at this time so anytime someone has an adjustment to move inventory to a project it is a 3 step process.  We would like to get this streamlined into one and done entry.

icon

Best answer by kristianharianja 31 August 2021, 10:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Is there any particular reason why you do Transfer instead of Issue? If the inventory gets consumed when “transferred” to a project I would just go straight to IN Issue process and choose project ID and task. This action will update GL, inventory, and project at the same time.

Userlevel 2

Wow - thanks that actually worked!!  I have been told by support that our system was not configured to do this but we just tested it and it works great!  Thanks for your help!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@kristianharianja am I missing something? I thought the inventory stock item needed to be “earmarked” for the project before you can issue it. See below. The three items in the Issue are stock items that sit on the shelf in the warehouse - never allocated for a specific project. When we need to pull these stock items for use on a project, we have to create a Transfer to move them from non-project X to in this case project 22-0001. If we try to bypass the Transfer and create an IN Issue as step 1, we will get an error because the quantity on hand and available for the project is 0. As you can see, there are 23 in stock, but the system doesn’t think they are on-hand because they are not “earmarked” for that project. 

I too am trying to understand how we can pull stock from the shelf and issue to a project in the simplest workflow in Acumatica. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@sean21  Sean - It is a 2 step process. You do a transfer to move the “earmark” from project X (non-project) to an actual project/task/cost code. Once you have transferred and released to that project, then you will notice that the first number of each pair in your status bar will show the quantity that has been earmarked to the specific project and is now available to do on an issue transaction to that project/task/cost code.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I just tried a straight ‘Issue’ of a quantity from Inventory to a Project / Task.  I had to choose an inventory location that had a quantity, but the process allowed me to complete the ‘Issue’ to the project.

However, the Issue transaction shows the quantity and the cost, but the GL Transaction only showed a quantity and not the cost.  And the destination project was not part of the GL transaction.

What am I missing?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@sean21  Sean - It is a 2 step process. You do a transfer to move the “earmark” from project X (non-project) to an actual project/task/cost code. Once you have transferred and released to that project, then you will notice that the first number of each pair in your status bar will show the quantity that has been earmarked to the specific project and is now available to do on an issue transaction to that project/task/cost code.

Hi can you give me advise on this I am also finding this a challenge

Userlevel 4
Badge

@rethavanalphen11 and @mlupro  - We may need a screenshot of your Issue screena to determine what is not working. The basic functionality is to retain separated cost tiers for the product that was purchased specifically for one project. The issues that come to mind are that either in your Transfer or on your Issue screen, you may not be changing the Cost Layer Type from Normal to Project, or you may not be using the correct Reason Code for issuing, or the offset account in your Issue reason code has not been properly configured in your Account Groups.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved