Solved

Save Acumatica Cloud inputted data at custom screen to DataBase

• 3 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi

In this topic

I was provided by custom screen with a help of which I can store inputted credentials to database

It was done for Acumatica on Prem, which is deployed with local DataBase to which I save credentials data.

But what to do in case with Acumatica Cloud ? Does Acumatica have an ability to give an access to it’s db for saving data or it can be reconfigured somehow for saving data to local db ?

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 9 August 2022, 22:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m not really sure what you are trying to do here. 

Are you trying to save credentials from an Acumatica screen but use it from some other place? It does not really make a lot of sense to me. 

Normally I’d say only Acumatica must have the access to it’s DB, no matter whether it’s deployed on prem or on SaaS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’m not really sure what you are trying to do here. 

Are you trying to save credentials from an Acumatica screen but use it from some other place? It does not really make a lot of sense to me. 

Normally I’d say only Acumatica must have the access to it’s DB, no matter whether it’s deployed on prem or on SaaS.

Hi @Dmitrii Naumov 

My aim is to save inputted credentials from Acumatica custom screen to DB via my project

I wrote logic for saving inputted credentials to DB

As it’s deployed on prem I just wrote sql requests for saving it to our local DB

This project will be deployed for our clients, which have Acumatica Cloud.

It will be inappropriate if their stuff will be saved to our server, so my question is what to do in case with Acumatica Cloud, does Acumatica provide access to it’s cloud db where SaaS is deployed or maybe exists better approach for implementing all this that I imagined.

All that I need to do is :

1)Deploy our customized package which includes my custom project with saving credentials to db on client Acumatica instance

2)Define place where to save inputted data, because as I mentioned above it will be wrong If my project will continue to save data into our database, because client may just not have access to it and before this project, I never faced with issue when I need to save data for Cloud instance, maybe I can save to Acumatica Cloud server or maybe there more appropriate way for implementing this

So the main question where to save data in case with SaaS Acumatica instance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ivan I’m not really sure that I follow your requirements. 

So, basically, you want to add a custom table to the Acumatica DB and read/write data to that table from inside Acumatica application, right? 

Well, then it’s pretty basic customization, just check T200 training to see how it’s done. 

Also there is no difference between the SaaS and on prem in that case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Ivan I’m not really sure that I follow your requirements. 

So, basically, you want to add a custom table to the Acumatica DB and read/write data to that table from inside Acumatica application, right? 

Well, then it’s pretty basic customization, just check T200 training to see how it’s done. 

Also there is no difference between the SaaS and on prem in that case.

I’ll try to clarify

What you have mentioned I have already done (also completed T200 course)

I have customized screen that reads inputted data and stores it to my local DB.

That all already works.

The issue that I do not know how to solve is that my project will be deployed for several clients and they will not have access to my DB, where currently the data is saved, so my question is : Does Acumatica provide ability to record data to its db in case if it is SaaS ? To which place I can record data ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ivan  why do you need to store a data in some other DB? The recommended way is to always store the Acumatica related data in the Acumatica DB. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Ivan  why do you need to store a data in some other DB? The recommended way is to always store the Acumatica related data in the Acumatica DB. 

I missed this part, is that described in T200 course ? If no, how to address to Acumatica SaaS DB ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ivan 

It is described in T200, Step 1.1.2: Add a Database Table Schema

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Ivan

It is described in T200, Step 1.1.2: Add a Database Table Schema

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved