Solved

XML File Upload Issue - System cannot determine the appropriate XML format.

• 17 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello,

I receive the following error message when I attempt to upload an XML file to the data provider screen:

My XML file I’m trying to upload is a Tree format which should be readable through Acumatica, so not sure why I’m receiving the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

J

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 17 December 2021, 21:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren Is it possible post the sample xml with some dummy data to verify?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi - see the XML file I’m attempting to upload.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren The standard XML provider seems to have some limitation on flat or tree structure. In some cases a custom data provider is build. Please see the below article

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren Here is the details of sample data provider I created that actually works with a tree structure.

Pls find the attached sample XML file that worked for Data Provider:

Screenshots for reference:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren Please find the data provider that you can import and verify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren If it is possible, try to format the xml data to the one provided by me above and verify.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @jwarren Here is the details of sample data provider I created that actually works with a tree structure.

Pls find the attached sample XML file that worked for Data Provider:

Screenshots for reference:

I can confirm that I am able to upload the TestAscii file and set up as a data provider. I’ll have to see how we can format the current Test.XML file to the file you’ve provided above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jwarren Thanks for the confirmation. Please format it based on your requirement.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved