Solved

Why is a simple attempt to add an external reference no to an existing Sales Order via an import scenario failing?

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have set up many import scenarios before without problems.  Those have mainly been on Customer and Inventory Item records though.

I am trying to import line items into an existing sales order on SO.

This failed with an error so in narrowing down the cause I tried to do the simplest thing I could think of. Adding an external reference to the sales order.  I tested to see if I could do it manually and I can but if I try via the import scenario I get the error:

1 items have not been processed successfully. View name: Document.

The only thing in my import scenario is as below:

The order no exists and the import scenario is using the same order number.

I can’t understand why this is failing.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 April 2022, 15:05

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I am able to populate the Ext Reference Nbr field on a Sales Order with status Open. (I have no back orders in my test system.)

1. as you mentioned, field must be available to edit on order.  I confirmed, Ext Reference number can be manually updated and saved on my order.
  2. My import is similar to yours except I included ORDER TYPE.
  3. The import successfully updated.

Please try:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you so much! That worked.  It was the missing Order Type. I incorrectly assumed it would just get that when it looked up the SO.

Phil 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved