Question

Using a business Events to replace document templates

• 27 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Right now we use document templates when creating a service order to save time entering information into the service order.  The problem we are having is that we also have sales prices for customers and they won’t work with the document template.  I was thinking that I created a business event so that when we entered the customer and location onto the service order, it would trigger a business event that would enter the detail lines based on the service order type using an import scenario.

My question is, by doing it this way, will the import scenario grab the prices from the sales prices to automatically select the correct price based on the customer.  Or will we still have the same problem as with using document templates?  Just checking to see if anyone has tried this or something similar before I spend too much time on it.

Thanks,

Andrew

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @andrew15, I have been exploring this option as well. Did you ever make any progress? I’d love to know how this new process worked for you and to see an example of how you implemented it. 

I’m trying to do a scenario where I create a new SO from the Customer Screen and then prepopulate 4 items from 4 warehouses with 4 future delivery dates. The only manual editing that would be required on the order is to define the qty per line. 

Thanks, David

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We tried to use a business event for this, but we the issue is that the business event runs much to slow.  we have found this to be the problem for business events in general.  Users always run into the error message “another process has updated the record” and they loose what they have done and have to start over.  Sadly the only usefulness we have found for business events is to send reports or anything that doesn’t involve updating records.  Customizations are the common answer we get for all our issues, but the expense is prohibitive.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@andrew15 thanks for the heads up on that. This will save me some wasted time going down a route that doesn’t work. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved