Solved

Update spreadsheet attached to Data Provider

Userlevel 3
Badge

What methods are you using to update the data attached to an import scenario data provider?  I have a client that needs to repeat an import scenario to create requisitions.  The data source is an Excel spreadsheet and will change quite often as they start purchasing material for a project.    I also will have multiple users running the import scenario and I am trying to figure out how to avoid them stepping on or replacing each others information.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 June 2022, 20:57

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

If everything about the spreadsheet is the same - meaning, all worksheet names are exactly the same, all column names are exactly the same… no columns inserted and no columns or tabs renamed, we can (supposedly) just attach a new spreadsheet in the Import by Scenario screen.

However, my personal preferences and the way I always attach new spreadsheets is this:

1. Go to the data provider screen, attach the new file, and refresh everything on the Schema tab afterward. Save.  (I usually remove all prior files too.)
  2. Go to the Import Scenario and verify that nothing appears in Red text in the import scenario. Red text means a field is not found in Acumatica (sometimes happens after upgrades and we want to make sure our import scenarios are up to date) or a column is not found in the spreadsheet (name of column changed or name of tab changed). Update as needed until all red text is gone.
  3. Proceed to import by scenario.

In the case where multiple people are importing to the same screen, I would copy the scenario and the data provider so they aren’t stepping all over each other. Use their names when placing the imports on the menu, and consider controlling access rights to the import scenarios.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks, Laura.  Your 3 step method is how I generally update the data as well.  Users are finding it cumbersome.  I appreciate your help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved