Solved

Update Operations ID BOM through Import Scenario

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Any ideas on how to update the operations ID on the BOM? We need to change it from the value of ‘01’ to ‘0010.’ Every operation ID is line number 1. Thanks ahead!

icon

Best answer by jeremyd45 21 April 2023, 20:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

The <Line Number> on the Bom Operations is actually the command to add or delete the line (-1 is to add a new operation, -2 is to delete) You need to deactivate this row.

You also need to look at the Operation DB ID, which is really what is driving the operation # (it is a hidden column, add it in. Reference this as your search (Operation DB ID= ‘01’)

Then your Operation ID = ‘0010’

You may also be running into issues because you are not referencing your revision as well

Userlevel 1

Thanks for getting back to me Jeremy! I revised the import scenario, but this import resulting in the creation of a new operation ID rather than overwriting the original.

Maybe it would be easiest to just delete the original operation and add in a new one?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That would be a good way to do it. You could also use the @@Operation DB ID to see if you could search for the item and see if that would let you modify it.

Honestly, deleting it is better. 

Acumatica Import Scenario Changes on Operations in BOMS

Hi All, 

I thought this might help for future inquiries. 
I used a GI for the data provider in my scenario and used a fixed Revision although a dynamic Revision is always more ideal.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved