Solved

Quote Convert To Project Import Scenario

• 15 November 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, Everyone - I’m trying to automate our Quote to Project process.  I’ve got the business event set up to perform an Import Scenario when a quote has been approved.  The issue I’m running into is that the import scenario for converting a quote to project isn’t resulting in a project being created.  For what it’s worth, I’ve been able to get the IS to not error out.  See the scenario below.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by NickCerri4 13 February 2024, 21:30

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nickcerriIV 

There is no action call is defined in the import scenario ?

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

@manikantad18 - it’s the last line

Userlevel 1
Badge

@manikantad18 the scenario you proposed results in error.  I’ve copied the trace below

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @nickcerriIV 

Try this one:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, @kbeatty21 - I’m having a real difficult time trying to open that file, though.  Screenshot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @nickcerriIV 

Userlevel 1
Badge

hmm - thanks again, @kbeatty21 .  I removed all but the quote number and the <Action: Convert to Project> line Unfortunately, I’m still running into an error.  The trace seems to always be “LINQ fallback!  Consider rewriting your query.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

hmm - thanks again, @kbeatty21 .  I removed all but the quote number and the <Action: Convert to Project> line Unfortunately, I’m still running into an error.  The trace seems to always be “LINQ fallback!  Consider rewriting your query.”

Do you have any restrictions on the import?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@kbeatty21 Indeed I do.  The source restrictions limit the selection to only Prepared quotes.  Logic here is that the business event should only convert projects that have been approved (approval > prepared > convert)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21 Indeed I do.  The source restrictions limit the selection to only Prepared quotes.  Logic here is that the business event should only convert projects that have been approved (approval > prepared > convert)

It may have something to do with the value. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@kbeatty21 Tried out a few variations (=’A’, ‘A’, etc.) and the only way I can get the scenario to pull in any data is to have it simply read A (or whatever dropdown value is required).  I verified that the screen was correct by changing the scenario to perform a submit action instead - this worked just fine.  I also played around with target restrictions instead of source restrictions.  Again, no luck.  

Hi there, I am having this exact issue.  Were you ever able to get it to work?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@matthewhill - I know it’s been a bit, but you won’t be able to perform this as an import scenario because it touches more than one screen.  This would probably need to be handled as a customization.  Depending on how many quotes you process daily, it would be very useful to have a processing screen that handles this.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved