Skip to main content

I’m having a little trouble with a Project Transactions Import Scenario. I’ve tried a few variations. Some error out with View: Document and this one creates the tranaction but only writes one record in the details section (there are 22 in my sample)

I have also tried the ACU version and it fails also. I know I’m missing one thing, but can’t quite place my finger on it. I’ve walked this exact transaction through manually and the system will take these fields. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello,

Please add Reference number field to the Transaction Summary section of your Import Scenario. In this case where you are importing only one transaction batch/group with many lines, you may hard-code the Reference number (like =’9999’) or you may copy the same reference number down one column of your Excel and map Ref. Number to your Excel Ref. Number column.

Rule of thumb:  when hard-coding or including Ref. number with an import, even when Acumatica is auto-numbering transactions, the hard-coded or included Excel Ref. Number should be higher than existing Ref. Numbers in your tenant.

Laura

Hi @Laura02 

That worked, thanks! I wonder why I need the Ref with it is set for auto-number?

Hello,

It’s possible to import multiple Project Transaction batches from one spreadsheet.  Acumatica uses the reference number as its guide for which lines belong in the first batch, next batch, and so on. Even when Batches are auto-numbered, Acumatica needs some values in the Ref. Number field as its guide for which lines belong to which transaction batch.

Laura

Hello,

It’s possible to import multiple Project Transaction batches from one spreadsheet.  Acumatica uses the reference number as its guide for which lines belong in the first batch, next batch, and so on. Even when Batches are auto-numbered, Acumatica needs some values in the Ref. Number field as its guide for which lines belong to which transaction batch.

Laura

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.