Solved

Post period to default to Business Date instead of Date from AP Transaction

• 12 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day team,

We are trying to default the Post Period to the business Date using an import scenario, so if business Date is on Febrary to be 02-2024 or if business date is January to be 01-2024 even if todays date is March. We still not have any luck with this, has a solution by using an import scenario?

Thank you Team!

icon

Best answer by bheyns05 14 March 2024, 06:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good day Martin

I am assuming that your import scenario is based on a generic inquiry from the AP Transactions screen. Have you tried using the formula used in this article to add the current FinPeriod in your import scenario rather than the AP Tran FinPeriod?

Kind regards,

Bettie

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good Morning @bheyns05 ,

We are importing Concur Data files for Expenses and AP transactions, but we want to use the Business Date in Acumatica to drive the period, instead of forcing the current date on the period by todays date or the default by the date of the transaction, we are using something similar as the formula you provided, but wanted to see if there is something with the Business Date.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Martin

Mmm this is an interesting one, the only other way I can think of is to create a Parameter in the Generic Inquiry called BusinessDate and setting the default value to @TODAY

Then on the Results Grid add the newly created parameter

then on the generic inquiry screen you will find that the new column BusinessDate updates to the Acumatica BusinessDate. See example below I updated the Business Date in my header to 4 March and the generic inquiry displays 4 March even if today is 13 March.

Future dates also possible:

Then if you leave the posting period blank and use this date in your import scenario then Acumatica will auto calculate the posting period based on this date during the import.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hola @bheyns05 ,

Do you know if this would work on a Import Scenario? We are going to test this to see if it works. Thank you so much for your response!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Martin

Yes I would suggest to build the above into the generic inquiry and then use that generic inquiry in your import scenario then it should work. If you leave the period blank in any import scenario then Acumatica auto calculates the period for you. Each of my customers have different financial years so I always leave the posting period blank during my import scenarios.

If you have any issues then you can just export the GI and import scenario and share it with me then I can have a look for you.

Kind regards,

Bettie

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you @bheyns05 , we will try this gi import idea. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved