Skip to main content
Solved

Opportunity Import error "Contact cannot be empty"

• 3 June 2024
  • 9 replies

I continue to have an error on my Opportunity import that the Contact cannot be empty. HOWEVER, the data in the excel spreadsheet is 100% correct and it appears to me that the import scenario Mapping is also correct.  I know 100% factually that the Contact ID in my data is correct.  Why am I continuing to see this error message?

Hello,

It seems like the issue might be on the Owner line:

Try using Owner Id where indicated, like this:

Laura

Hi @Laura02 ,

I set that as you instructed, and verified that in the Excel file there is a valid “Owner” column with valid OwnerID data in it.  But still seeing that exact same error.  Here is a screenshot of the Import Scenario again.

Thank you,

An important thing to know when building Import Scenarios is that the scenario is essentially performing UI functions, the same as a human would. Knowing this, a great troubleshooting step is to open the screen and perform the functions yourself, exactly as you have them defined.

I believe you’ll find that you cannot use the ‘Open’ action before entering a Subject. Also, unless you’ve customized the Opportunity workflow, OpenFromNew opens a dialog box, which you’ll probably need to provide an answer for, BEFORE the action that causes the dialog.

hi @darylbowman I did as you suggested which was to create an opportunity by hand/manually.  Obviously that works fine.  So, I tried creating an entirely new Import scenario with my Excel spreadsheet and am still seeing the exact same error.  Here is a screenshot of the newly created import scenario.
Note the errors that say that the Acumatica destination field does not exist.  What should I be selecting there then?

First off, you seem to be missing the Opportunity ID this go-round.

Have you looked at the existing Import Scenarios for Opportunities? Acumatica often ships some standard that may help you with the basics.

I have to admit, I’m not sure where those values are coming from. I think you just want ‘Contact’ and ‘Owner’ or perhaps ‘Owner -> Employee ID’ depending upon what values are in your spreadsheet.

@darylbowman First my apologies for taking so long to respond back on this.
I did exactly as you suggested.  HOWEVER, what keeps happening is that even though I continue to select the “Contact” as the Field/Action Name, when I save the scenario and go back into it, Acumatica keeps flipping my selection BACK to that “ContactID!DisplayName” with that error message/warning.  That is what is so frustrating, it is Acumatica that is changing that option in the scenario.

@NetAdmin42 

I just tested and was able to successfully import opportunities using the following mapping.

Compare this to your mapping and see if changes are needed.

Ed

Thank you, thank you, thank you @ed.goodman !

When I manually edited the source field/value to be that =IsNull statement, I WAS able to then successfully import these opportunities.

Thank you very much,

@NetAdmin42 

You are welcome!

Glad I could help!

Ed