Solved

Issue updating Invoice Attribute using a Business Event

• 19 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We are having an issue with a business event that is supposed to update an attribute on Invoices (user-defined field).

The attribute is a selector which is linked to the list of salespeople.

We want to update the attribute field on invoices with the default salesperson from the invoice. So, to get it to work, we set up a business event and a schedule.

However, the schedule errors out: 

Please advice. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 22 June 2023, 21:50

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello @aborisova37 

Could you please share the Business xml report?

Meantime I created an attribute shown in the screenshot

add a udf filed in the Invoice screen

Created a Business event to Update the UDF field in the Invoice screen with an Import scenario as attached.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you @manikantad18. Unfortunately, Acumatica errors out when I try to upload the file you shared, might need the GI to be uploaded first. Can you please share the GI in xml?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 attached is my business event. thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @aborisova37 

Could you please share the xml of GI from your end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you @manikantad18. Unfortunately, Acumatica errors out when I try to upload the file you shared, might need the GI to be uploaded first. Can you please share the GI in xml?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I was able to import the GI, thanks. For the Business Event it gives an error:

Can you please take and upload here screenshots of you Business Event and the automation schedule?

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 sorry to bother you, can you please share some screenshots. please see above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 sorry to bother you, can you please share some screenshots. please see above.

Not at all

Attached Test Import scenario USED in BE  used

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 thank you so much, that worked!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved