Solved

Is there a way to mass upload Bills of Operations and individual manufacturing steps?

• 16 August 2023
  • 2 replies

On the “Bill of Material” screen, I am looking to mass import by operation ID/work center, along with all the corresponding steps so I don’t have to manually enter the same instructions on each BOMID.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 17 August 2023, 14:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alexlee7 

You can add Operations and Steps to the BOM import. See the screenshots below. You would need to ensure the excel is mapped correctly as well with the steps and operations but it is doable. 

@kandybeatty49 is correct to start with that import based on a properly structured excel. If you need to add materials, steps, etc. to a specific Operation after the BOMs and Operations have been created, you can target the specific Operation before adding to it. Example below is targeting the Operation and then adding Materials to it (Note the <Line Number> row is inactive). I would typically load BOMs in different Imports. Start by creating the BOM and all it’s Operations. Then target the Operations to add Material, then Steps, then Overhead and so on.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved