Solved

Importing row data with an auto-numbered header

• 15 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I had previously asked how to use workflows to create an import from an inquiry. I now have that working, except instead of importing the rows as line items into one document, each row is making it’s own document with a single line item.

I tried to Google the solution, but the solution says to set the order number as a static value that will be converted by the system to the auto-number. This value needs to be the same for all the rows. My inquiry is driven by a container number. All the rows have that value and it will be exactly the same. So in my import, my order number is the container number. The output files are auto-numbered, but should only be one document, not 5 or 6 documents with a single line.

I have attached my import scenario here for ease of use. Also below is a link to the previous discussion.

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 15 February 2022, 23:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michael Hansen , hard to say from the import scenario you shared. Everything looks good to me. The only thing I would recommend, is to apply a sort condition on the GI (not in the GI UI itself, but in the mapping here):

And there, sort by POOrder_usrContainer. Let me know if this solves the issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge

The container number is a parameter for the GI. EVERY row shown is using the same Container ID. Below is a snippet of the GI:

In that inquiry we only run it one container at a time, which is why I picked container number as the “temporary” order number. I’m starting to wonder if this is an issue with the Besiness Event and NOT an issue with the import scenario.

EDIT: Tested using your suggested method, no changes, still getting multiple SO’s of type TR generated instead of one SO of type TR. But thank you for digging!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michael Hansen , OK. So, it might be an issue with the BE. I’m unclear on how the BE is set up (schedule-based or even-based, what’s in the Raise Event? - should be Once for All Records). Finally, I’d expect the BE to not recognize changes introduced the filter (Container in your case).

Userlevel 5
Badge

This event runs off an ACTION on the Inquiry, where I select the boxes to ACT on. Due to the way our inquiry runs, I just use “IMPORT ALL”, but I have tried it manually selecting the rows and it still gives the same output.

EDIT: You WIN! The issue was the Raise Event. I had it set to each record, but I needed it for ALL RECORDS. Below is the revised BE that is working like a dream. You are AWESOME YURI!!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved