Solved

Importing images in stock items with a scenario

• 7 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All,

I wanted to import stock items along with images in a file.

Can I use hyperlink for images existing in other database to import it into acumatica?

or is there a better way to import images into stock items?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 7 November 2022, 18:47

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I have imported images to Stock Items one time, using Excel (not directly imported from another database as you are asking) cell containing website URL, location of image file.  Maybe this will give you ideas and help you even though source file is not exactly the same.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@laura01  Thanks for the reply.

I tried this manually, there no way in the text box of image to enter any text.

When I click on “Select an image to upload” or “Browse”, it looks for images locally to upload.

Will your solution work here?

Thanks.

Badge +18

Our client is loading the image to the eCommerce tab of Stock Items, and this worked for us:

When they synched to eCommerce, the images were correctly loaded to their website.

I think you will need to wait for another answer, how to import the image to Attributes tab - I don’t have a sample for the tab you are using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @atuljainajm 

Most of the eCommerce clients we have do not upload images into Acumatica because it becomes very heavy on their database and so they opt to use the Commerce site for images. How many images do you have to upload? Are they stored somewhere such as an AWS server?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Our client is loading the image to the eCommerce tab of Stock Items, and this worked for us:

When they synched to eCommerce, the images were correctly loaded to their website.

I think you will need to wait for another answer, how to import the image to Attributes tab - I don’t have a sample for the tab you are using.

Hi Laura, great suggestion!
I was wondering what the format needs to be?

I receive an error on Processing the Data that “The image URL is not accepted by BigCommerce. Please check the URL in the Media URLs table.”
Did you ever run into that Issue?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved