Skip to main content

Good day Community

I have to change a number of records to adjust depreciation so I created an import scenario. The import goes through without any errors but the result is pure garbage and only 1 record has a value. I’m sure it is the scenario setup (incorrect fields) but I can’t seem to fid the problem. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Hello, 

Yes I see some issues in the Scenario above.

Asset → Asset ID makes sense, “look up asset using asset id”.

Asset —> Description and 

Asset → Branch ID does not make sense to me. 

I think what you need is a field “Description” in place of Asset —> Description and a field “Branch” in place of Asset —> Branch.

Laura

Hello @BarbaraPietersen23 ,

I used this schema for FA Transactions import scenario in the past. This may help you.

Many thanks to you both for these suggestions. I resolved the issue another way, but I will save these suggestions for another time.

Kind regards

Barbara

Hi @BarbaraPietersen23 - Can you share how you resolved? Thank you!

Sure I can.

I turned off the Update GL in FA Preferences, then added the assets manually (using import scenario) populating the Last Depr. Period and Accum Depr fields in the Balance tab.

As these were low value assets that needed to be fully depreciated in the month of purchase, this worked.

Not sure how it will work when they purchase another low value asset, but I am hopeful as the depreciation rate is 100% and the Useful Life is 0.8333 years.

Hope this makes sense.