Solved

Importing data without a screen in Acumatica

• 2 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve been asked to bring in some historical/static data from a legacy system for a new Acumatica customer.  Going to be using it for reference only via GIs I figure if needed.  Some of it is quite detailed, many fields, etc.  I was going to create and load new Acumatica tables to hold the data and then I realized to use the import scenarios I need a screen name.  For my purposes, I don’t' need a screen necessarily.  Is there anyway in Acumatica to load data directly into a table from a file, the files at the moment are given to me as tab delimited text files, without having a screen in Acumatica?   I’m not a SQL expert, but I’m presuming the tables could be loaded directly via SQL commands, but wondering if I’m missing something..

icon

Best answer by arlinewelty93 18 June 2021, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Could you create the tables & fields in Acumatica, and create a screen, but hide the screen from view? That might accomplish your goal of getting the data into the system so that you can retrieve it. But I think if you hide it from the site map you’ll also be able to make the site less confusing for your users.

If you didn’t already do this, I think you’ll want to make sure that when you create your custom tables that you allow for the proper primary key fields to match the primary key values in Acumatica so that you can link historical data to current data.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

The DAC Schema Browser is available:

Example of APAddress table field information:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There are two fantastic examples of how to do what you are asking.  Take a moment to review the following blogs.  I think they will be of great help. 

1. Doug Johnson - Technical Tuesday: Building Reports From an SQL View in Acumatica Cloud ERP Software  https://www.acumatica.com/blog/technical-tuesday-report-from-sql-view/
  2. Tim Rodman - Importing Historical Data into Acumatica – With a Cool Twist  https://www.augforums.com/importing-historical-data-acumatica-cool-twist/

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved