Solved

Imported Project Quotes error on submit (1st record works)

• 6 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to import in project quotes and getting an issue I can't seem to resolve any help will be appreciated.

Autonumbering is turned on for Projects  and turned off for Project Quotes (as migrating old quotes need to keep old numbers)

Import scenario as below:

The quotes import in with no issues or errors, when I try to submit a project quote, that’s been imported and was the first record to be created it works no issues.

If I try to submit any other quotes that have been imported I get the following error

Error: Updating  'Project Quote' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.

Before I try and submit it has <NEW> in the Project ID as I would expect

After I click Submit

If I go back into the quote it has <new> back in the project ID field but still will not submit.

The Trace shows

Error: Updating  'Project Quote' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.

'New Project ID' cannot be empty.

I have tried to import the quotes in a different order and the first quote created always works as expected all the others fail to submit quote as mentioned above.

If I enter the same information manually it works

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by gauravsharma96 13 September 2022, 09:45

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

2022R1 -Build 22.110.0018

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gauravsharma96 Is it possible to share the Import scenario XML format, So that we can check and provide you an update

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @manikantad18 , thanks for looking at this file attached

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@gauravsharma96 Just a quick check here, have you verified that the segmented key for PROJECT is also checked for Auto Number? It is strange that the first one works and subsequent ones do not.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@gauravsharma96Just a quick check here, have you verified that the segmented key for PROJECT is also checked for Auto Number? It is strange that the first one works and subsequent ones do not.

Hi

Yes have double checked it is very strange first one works then does not

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @gauravsharma96 

Along with the Numbering Sequence, what are your segmented keys and segmented values?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the help everyone, Acumatica have come back and confirmed this as a known issue and investigating it further 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for the help everyone, Acumatica have come back and confirmed this as a known issue and investigating it further 

Thanks for the update. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Acumatica have advised this will be fixed in 2023R1 at the earliest, If you need to import project quotes in the meantime you can log a support case and they have a fix they can deploy after the project quotes have been imported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Acumatica have advised this will be fixed in 2023R1 at the earliest, If you need to import project quotes in the meantime you can log a support case and they have a fix they can deploy after the project quotes have been imported.

Thank you for the update, Really helpful.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@gauravsharma96 

thanks for the update, that is a disappointing answer. Project quotes are already very very limited in their functionality. Functioning as a landing spot for imports from a dedicated estimating software is the only use I saw for them. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved