Solved

Import Scenario Vendor Contacts

• 21 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I need to use an import scenario to add contacts to existing vendors.

I am only adding “LAST NAME” and “EMAIL ADDRESS” for each vendor contact.

My import scenario into the Contacts screen works without error.

However, only the last contact in my data provider is actually added into Acumatica.

I believe this has to do with the lines at the beginning with the (-1) that Acumatica normally adds automatically when you create a new import scenario.  It did not add those lines when I created this import scenario.

Again, the import scenario says it processed all records and shows no errors.  However, only the last contact shows in Acumatica.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 June 2022, 16:56

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

It looks like you are importing Contact ID two times.

Please try importing Email separately like this Acumatica example, attached .

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I made changes and am getting the same results.

All records say they processed.

However, only the last record is actually imported.

Badge +18

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

Why are the system lines inactivated?  Why is the Contact ID inactivated?  I can guess the inactive fields are part of your problem. Perhaps you will consider using the Acumatica-provided “Import Contacts from Excel” import scenario, or a copy of it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

To answer your questions, this is what happens when you try to do too many things at once.

Thanks for calling my out on having those lines deactivated!

Badge +18

;-) I’ve been there myself. I hope your import is working now!

Userlevel 1

Just to add something I’ve seen in importing contacts.  I was recently working on importing customer contacts, but it should also apply to vendors.  Regarding the Contact ID field and mapping.  This is an ID field that acumatica auto assigns for new contacts.  I too was mapping it to the Last name field I had.  What I was seeing was that if the contact ID existed already (last name in this case) it was updating the existing contact rather than creating a new one.  So if your import data had 20 SMITH’s as the last name, I’m thinking you will only end up with one contact for SMITH, probably the last one in sequence.  There might be other ways to address it, ,but my solution was to add a column to my data provider spreadsheet for a contact ID field which was just a sequential unique number starting at 100000 in excel (any unique value should work) so that the first data row was 1000000, 2nd was 1000001, 3rd 1000002, etc. and then mapped that field to the contact id in the import scenario.  I believe in the end then, acumatica really just ignores and does nothing with that contact ID from the spreadsheet, but being unique, ensures that the contact will get created as a new contact.  If you’ve run into that issue!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved