Solved

Import Scenario - Use Value from a System Field as Part of the Import Scenario Mapping

• 29 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Requirement: We have an Import Scenario to import project transactions. The Sub Account value needs to be assigned from the default cost sub account set for each project. 

As part of the import source file, we have the project ID in the source file. Then for the that Project ID, I want the system to populate the sub-account from the default Cost Sub Account set on the project in Acumatica. Is this doable?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 30 June 2022, 15:07

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

We do have capability to reference database fields when importing.

However, there is a limited list of fields available.  I do not see project default cost subaccount in this particular list. There are no fields listed for data class = PMProject.

Maybe a developer could help, but I’m not sure as I’m not a developer (maybe one will come along and comment).

Without a developer, I would do a quick export of Project ID & default cost account using g.i. and then use Vlookup in Excel to add the value directly into the import file. 

I hope this helps you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @laura01 

Do you know if I can ask the import scenario to look at the Project ID and then grab the debit subaccount value for the project it’s inserting. Since each project could have a different subaccount configured, I need a way for the import process to look at Project ID and then grab the subaccount value for that project. I’ll see if a developer can help with adding the field. 

Thanks for the suggestion to use vlookup within the excel file to get data. This is one of the options we are considering too. Just curious to find out if Import Scenario might be able to handle this scenario.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @eshahid98  - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved